Armour etch is not a smooth cream. It is the nature of Armour Etch Cream to contain some particles (crystals). The particles are necessary and add proper potency for Armour Etch to work properly. Occasionally hot spots (darker etched areas) develop when these crystals are allowed to remain in contact with the glass. It is recommended that you continuously brush Armour Etch around while waiting. Use your brush to move these particles to an area of the stencil where there is no design.
How to use Armour etch:
- Ensure your glass has been cleaned with warm soapy water before application. Do not clean glass with a cleaner that advertises finger print resistant. This type of cleaner will leave a filmy residue on your glass which is great for finger print resistance, but hinders glass etching. Armour Etch will not be able to penetrate the greasy film that these cleaners leave on the glass.
- Apply your stencil to the glass
- Apply your Armour etch with a bristle soft brush as a thick layer and work in different directions for approx. 5 minutes.
- Leave sit for another 5 minutes
- Remove the cream
- Wash under a tap gently with water
- Leave to dry
For more Armour etch FAQ please see https://www.etchworld.com/faq